As mentioned in the last module the journey to cultural competence and in our view true cultural intelligence is a life long one, and one someone would say is only achievable in ones own culture. We also believe that is it is an honourable quest to embark on when you wish to be a true citizen of the world, and a true citizen your own country, Australia.
It cannot be achieved through words alone, but rather through the pursuit of knowledge and the application of that knowledge We challenge you to think about this when trying to understand any culture. In an Indigenous Context, particularly in Australia with it being the longest living culture in the world it is impossible to achieve the level of understanding that Indigenous people would have without being raised in it from birth and practising the various elements in daily life.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Real life examples of challenging culturally diverse situations
- Constructive Feedback
- Open and honest discussion in the live phone calls
- A safe and respectful space to ask questions
What We Expect From You:
- An open mind and commitment to work your way through the tasks
- Respectful and mindful communication
- Complete the worksheets and additional research as required
- Move through the modules in order and not to jump ahead, they have been provided in a particular order for a reason.